Excerpt from Jenny Rohn's final article for Guardian Science blogs (the Guardian is closing its science blog network): 

We feel smug when we get a thousand retweets – until we notice that the anti-vaxxers, the racists and the nutters are getting hundreds of thousands more.
I am now starting to think that none of this makes much difference. When does any of our evidence, no matter how carefully and widely presented, actually sway the opinion of someone whose viewpoint has been long since been seduced by the propagandists?
I’m not going to stop fighting, and I’m not going to stop writing. But I am starting to believe that the best way to affect the current state of affairs is by influencing those in power, using more private and targeted channels. We might even attempt to revert to old-fashioned media such as the handshake and human voice. I am not quite sure how to go about this, but science communicators have connections and networks, wit and bravery, and perhaps it’s time we ganged together to try something a little bit different.

Read the rest here

What do you think? What is the best way to "sway the opinion of somene whose viewpoint has long since been seduced by the propagandists"?