In Defense of Plants Podcast: Ep. 200 - Books, Books, and More Books!
This week In Defense of Plants is celebrating its 200th episode with a bunch of book recommendations. I get a lot of emails from listeners each week and unfortunately I simply do not have the time to respond to all of them. One of the most popular questions I get revolves around which books I recommend. And because In Defense of Plants wouldn't be where it is today without the wonderful support of listeners like you, I thought it would be great to dedicate the 200th episode to a list of books worthy of your time. Joining us to discuss our reading adventures is the wonderful Sara Johnson, who has brought some great recommendations to the table. So join us as we talk about some of our favorite botanical/natural history themed reads.
Books in this episode:
1. Alice in the Land of Plants: Biology of Plants and Their Importance for Planet Earth - Yiannis Manetas
2. Readers Digest North American Wildlife
3. Nature's Palette: The Science of Plant Color - David Lee
4. A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
5. A Natural History of Conifers - Aljos Farjon
6. The Orchid Thief - Susan Orlean
7. The Timber Press Guide to Succulent Plants of the World by Fred Dortort
8. Earthly Pleasures - Roger B. Swain
9. The Flowering of Gondwana - Mary E. White, Jim Frazier
10. Gods of the Morning - John Lister-Kaye
11. Flora: Inside the Secret World of Plants by Helen Fewster, Megan Douglass, Karyn Gerhard, Jamie Ambrose, Ross Bayton, Matt Candeias, Sarah Jose, Andrew Mikolajski, Esther Ripley, David Summers
This episode was produced in part by Oliver, John, Johansson, Christina, Jared, Hannah, Katy Pye, Brandon, Gwen, Carly, Stephen, Botanical Tours, Moonwort Studios, Lisa, Liba, Lucas, Mohsin Kazmi Takes Pictures, doeg, Daniel, Clifton, Stephanie, Rachelle, Benjamin, Eli, Rachael, Anthony, Plant By Design, Philip, Brent, Ron, Tim, Homestead Brooklyn, Brodie, Kevin, Sophia, Brian, Mark, Rens, Bendix, Irene, Holly, Caitlin, Manuel, Jennifer, Sara, and Margie.