Apply for the Research Leaders 2025, an innovative postdoctoral fellowship
Funded by Teagasc and the European Commission
Research Leaders 2025 (RL2025)
RL2025 is jointly funded by Teagasc and the European Commission through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions COFUND programme.
We seek applications from experienced researchers (with PhD or four years full time research experience) in combination with host organizations worldwide (research, industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
Join us for a RL2025 live-streamed webinar on YouTube on Friday, Sept 27th at 11 am Dublin Local Time.
Further details at www.teagasc.ie/rl2025
- Fellowships will have a duration of 36 months, including 18 months outside of Ireland, followed by a “return phase” to Teagasc in Ireland for a further 18 months.
- The fellowships will be researcher-led, so the applicant will be free to choose the research topic, the outgoing host organisation and the supervisor in Teagasc for the return phase.
- There will be a strong focus on career development, with dedicated career mentors for each fellow; a management training course; annual retreats with career presentations from leaders in academia, industry and civil society organisations; and transferable skills training.
- There will also be the option to undertake a secondment to the non-academic sector (e.g., industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
- There will be a gross annual salary of €51,717 (in absence of family allowance) or €56,306 (if family allowance is paid). Research expenses will also be available.
- The programme aims to address the ‘leaky pipeline’ whereby the higher levels of research shows a gender imbalance. Review cohorts will be gender balanced, applicants that have taken a career break will not be disadvantaged, female fellows will be facilitated in finding female career mentors and paid maternity leave(with extensions to the fellowships) will be available.
- Deadline for receipt of Expression of interest: 13th November 2019, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
- Deadline for receipt of Full Application: 10th January 2020, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
- Information webinar: Friday, 27th September 2019, 11:00 Dublin Local Time
Eligibility conditions apply. See www.teagasc.ie/rl2025 for details.
Please follow us on Twitter (@RL2025) for regular updates.
Teagasc is the Irish Agriculture and Food Development Authority. The Teagasc annual research portfolio comprises some 300 research projects, carried out by 500 scientific and technical staff in seven research centres throughout Ireland. Research is organised into four programme areas:
- Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation
- Crops, Environment and Land Use
- Rural Economy and Development.
Teagasc researchers produced 2514 peer-reviewed publications between 2014 and 2018, ranking amongst the top European institutions in terms of number of publications and citations in the areas of food and agriculture. Teagasc researchers enjoy access to state-of-the art laboratories, over 2300 hectares of experimental farm land and two food pilot plant facilities.
See https://www.teagasc.ie/ for details.