Recent updates from your community.
This Week in Plantae
July 22, 2019
- Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Collection - The Space Biology Network on Plantae is remembering and celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission. Hear about the effect this historic event has had on plant science researchers, and join the conversation to let us know the impact this milestone has had on you.
- Plant Science Graduate School Perspectives - a new collection of advice and stories from students, for students in the Student Space Network
- Methods of Mentorship - A new collection of IDPs, resources, and advice for cultivating successful mentorship in the Student Space Network
- Teaching Outdoors - a mobile treasure hunt for finding plants by Amanda Rasmussen
- The Pollination Selfie Station - create a buzz using this outreach activity by Rebecca Hayes
- How do Plants Do That Outreach Collection - new videos posted weekly
- Plant Direct Author Q&A Collection - new interviews posted weekly
- Why, how and where to talk to talk about science - Slides from a one-hour lecture by Mary Williams to encourage people to engage with the public.
Be the Change - Rob Last's sixth and final President's Letter, co-authored with Mary Williams
ASPB's Annual Plant Biology Meeting will be held August 3-7, 2019 in San Jose, California. Join The Plant Biology 2019 Network to find travel tips for plant biologists, tips for first time conference attendees, a list of major symposia, Navigating the Poster Session Like a Pro the Plant Biology 2019 roll call and more!
New this week! Overview of Plant Biology 2019 workshops
ASPB's Plant Synthetic Biology Meeting will be held in in San Jose immediately after Plant Biology, August 7-9. Join the Synthetic Biology Network to find more information about this conference, watch interviews with plant synthetic biologists, and browse collections of plant synthetic biology resources
Join the 2019-2020 PlantingScience Master Plant Science Team - Apply by Aug 11
Browse Plant Science Jobs and Internships jobs.plantae.org
Subscribe to The Signal to have the latest plant science news delivered directly to your inbox every Thursday. Find the latest edition here.
What can I do on Plantae?
- Update your profile - include a picture, publications, bio with embedded video to show off your research
- Join Networks that interest you
- Attend live in-line chat events
- Get career advice from other plant biologists
- Create+ a Discussion to crowdpower the answers to your questions