Recent updates from your community.
This Week in Plantae
September 16, 2019
- Interested in building or revising courses and/or curricula that incorporates evidence-based methods of teaching and learning? Apply for a Transforming Education in Plant Biology (TEPB) award to receive up to $4500 to participate in focused, substantive, and practical professional development. Deadline to apply: October 31, 2019
- New Teaching Tool in Plant Biology - Computational analysis in microscopy
- New Plantae webinar recording available: All aboard the mentor-ship: making and using an Individual Development Plan
- Book of the Week - Trees, Leaves, Flowers and Seeds by Sarah Jose
- Check out the new Plant Science Opportunities network for information about scholarships, travel awards, fellowships and internships. (Note, for jobs see https://jobs.plantae.org/ ).
- How do Plants Do That Outreach Collection - new videos posted weekly
- Latest video: How do Plants...Sleep?
- How to get involved with The ASPB Women in Plant Biology Network - Want to support women in plant biology? Check out these ways you can get involved in the network!
- Faculty Job: Myths and Realities - A collection of interviews with early career plant biology faculty by Arif Ashraf
- Reintegrating Biology” Initiative; Town Hall Discussions - This initiative starts in September with a series of town hall discussions; members of the ASPB community are encouraged to sign up to be notified about future events.
- Read and contribute to our Graduate Student Perspectives Series
Subscribe to The Signal to have the latest plant science news delivered directly to your inbox every Thursday. Find the latest edition here.
Things To Do
What can I do on Plantae?
- Update your profile - include a picture, publications, bio with embedded video to show off your research
- Join Networks that interest you
- Get career advice from other plant biologists
- Create+ a Discussion to crowd-source the answers to your questions