- Test Tube Seed Necklace
- Mud Ball Planting
- Microbial handprint
- Every Tree For Itself
- Mirror image molecules and olfactory reception
- Why Study Plants? Teaching Guide
- [Activity] 12 inquiry-based labs to explore the 12 principles of plant biology
- [Activity] How to make a DNA Bracelet
- [Activity] Do plants need soil to grow?
- [Activity] How many plants in a hamburger?
- [Activity] Hunt for Plants in Your House
- [Activity] Plant evolution and diversity word search
[Activity] How many plants in a hamburger?
by Mary Williams
Help eradicate plant blindness as students explore plant biology concepts and hands-on activities related to a hamburger. This quick, classroom-ready page (PDF) is ideally suited for middle grade students. The back of the sheet lists the plants needed to make a burger, from barley to wheat!
This resource is also available in Spanish and Italian: