- Test Tube Seed Necklace
- Mud Ball Planting
- Microbial handprint
- Every Tree For Itself
- Mirror image molecules and olfactory reception
- Why Study Plants? Teaching Guide
- [Activity] 12 inquiry-based labs to explore the 12 principles of plant biology
- [Activity] How to make a DNA Bracelet
- [Activity] Do plants need soil to grow?
- [Activity] How many plants in a hamburger?
- [Activity] Hunt for Plants in Your House
- [Activity] Plant evolution and diversity word search
[Activity] 12 inquiry-based labs to explore the 12 principles of plant biology
by Mary Williams
The 12 Principles of Plant Biology are a framework to support understanding of the critical roles of plants to create, improve and sustain life
These 12 inquiry-based activities were developed to support the teaching of plant biology, and are developed for use by students in middle school (approximately 11 – 13 years old). Click on the images below to open each activity as a PDF.