- Universal Loop assembly (uLoop): open, efficient, and species-agnostic DNA fabrication
- MoChlo: A versatile modular cloning toolbox for chloroplast biotechnology
- Golden Mutagenesis: An efficient multi-site saturation mutagenesis approach by Golden Gate cloning with automated primer design
- CyanoGate: A Golden Gate modular cloning suite for engineering cyanobacteria based on the plant MoClo syntax
- Birth of a photosynthetic chassis: a MoClo toolkit enabling synthetic biology in the microalga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- Loop Assembly: a simple and open system for recursive fabrication of DNA circuits
- AQUA Cloning: A Versatile and Simple Enzyme-Free Cloning Approach
- GoldenBraid 2.0: A Comprehensive DNA Assembly Framework for Plant Synthetic Biology
- A Golden Gate Modular Cloning Toolbox for Plants
- A versatile and robust Agrobacterium‐based gene stacking system generates high‐quality transgenic Arabidopsis plants
- A robust gene-stacking method utilizing yeast assembly for plant synthetic biology
A robust gene-stacking method utilizing yeast assembly for plant synthetic biology
The advent and growth of synthetic biology has demonstrated its potential as a promising avenue of research to address many societal needs. However, plant synthetic biology efforts have been hampered by a dearth of DNA part libraries, versatile transformation vectors and efficient assembly strategies. Here, we describe a versatile system (named jStack) utilizing yeast homologous recombination to efficiently assemble DNA into plant transformation vectors. We demonstrate how this method can facilitate pathway engineering of molecules of pharmaceutical interest, production of potential biofuels and shuffling of disease-resistance traits between crop species. Our approach provides a powerful alternative to conventional strategies for stacking genes and traits to address many impending environmental and agricultural challenges.
You can read the full article here.