- President's Letter—Securing the Future of Plant Biologists
- From whole plant physiology to food security: a career journey
- A new approach to graduate professional development; lessons learned from a leadership retreat
- Financial security
- US Students are experiencing food insecurity, so what can we do to help?
- Have we reached peak security? Response to Rob, Andrew and Sterling
- Useful resources
Podcasts, articles and individual development planning resources related to the January/February 2019 president's letter
Jack Bogle, who transformed investing for millions of people by teaching us the virtues of low cost index mutual funds. At least read his five rules of investing.
Five investing rules: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...
About Bogle: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...
A great podcast about why it is good to quit, with some terrific examples:
Dubner, S. J. (2011, September 30). The upside of quitting [Podcast]. Freakonomics Radio.
Video on "The Craft of Writing Effectively" from Larry McEnerney (thanks to Andrew Hanson):
Living abroad is good for your career and enjoyable:
Gewin, V. (2018, November 26). Why you should move country.Nature.
One of many resources for developing and revisiting your career plan:
My IDP from Science magazine: https://myidp.sciencecareers.org.
Research experiences for undergraduates listed on Plantae: