But for anyone with any mental struggles: reach out in your community, be a positive force!

"Here's a good one: Not sure how to solve or find resolve but [at] least I didn't dissolve... In short, just feel grateful everyday - FORCE IT!!

It started in 1st semester of M.Sc. [when I] started hearing voices. Straight up, never stops day/night to this day. Obviously I sought mental health experts, [but it was] not diagnosed as psychosis, phew!! As an aspiring scientist, I spent thousands of hours studying ALL possibilities. That's a book in itself.

We can still contribute to the community! We can still have our sanity! We can help those who suddenly realize what's happening! We can love again! We can hold a conversation with our peers!

Serendipitous months later, I volunteered in a research program that did an MRI and PET scan (I was paid!). They found a large tumor in my fronto-temporal left hemisphere. Surgery ensued. I'll stop you there, no the "auditory hallucinations" persisted, hahaha cute call though.

I was told recovery should be quick, so I stayed registered that semester, [because] I needed the scholarship funding to survive. BAD MOVE! Take that time off!! I was grateful to all the family/ friends/ neighbours/ and community who helped.

Leading to my last point. DON'T ISOLATE YOURSELF. It gets dark, reeeaaal dark. Especially when you don't know who's watching your thoughts! But for anyone with any mental struggles: reach out in your community, be a positive force!"

~Anonymous