Table of Contents
- Reflections on The Plant Cell Classics
- How Virus Resistance Provided a Mechanistic Foundation for RNA Silencing
- Genomic Balance Plays Out in Evolution
- Auxin-Mediated Cell Cycle Activation during Early Lateral Root Initiation
- Auxin and organogenesis: Initiation of organs and nurturing a scientific spirit
- FLOWERING LOCUS C Isolation and Characterization: Two Papers that Opened Many Doors
- Genes Directing Flower Development in Arabidopsis
- The Discovery of Plant D-type Cyclins
- DREB Duo Defines Distinct Drought and Cold Response Pathways
- RPN10: A Case Study for Ubiquitin-Binding Proteins and More
- Identification of cup-shaped cotyledon: New Ways to Think about Organ Initiation
- Auspicious Beginnings for the Defense Hormone Jasmonate
- LOF and GOF alleles shed light on the molecular basis of phyB signaling in plants
- Flor-iculture: Ellis and Dodds’ Illumination of Gene-for-Gene Biology
- Behind the Screen: How a Simple Seedling Response Helped Unravel Ethylene Signaling in Plants
- Questionomics: Using Big Data to Ask and Answer Big Questions
- Put on Your Sunscreen: The Birth of Arabidopsis Abiotic Stress Genetics
- Reflections on the issue of regulation in molecular and cellular biology
- MicroRNAs in Plants: Key Findings from the Early Years
- Illuminating (White and) Purple Patches
- Dissecting the Biological Functions of ARF and Aux/IAA Genes
- Early Leads to Mechanisms of Plant Cultivar-Specific Disease Resistance
- Reverse-Genetics of IRT1, or How to Catch an Iron Transporter and Pin It Down
- Signal Transduction in Systemic Immunity
- From Ethylene-Auxin Interactions to Auxin Biosynthesis and Signal Integration
- The Emergence of a Mobile Signal for Systemic Acquired Resistance
- Understanding the Molecular Bases of Agronomic Trait Improvement in Rice
- All in the Family: The First Whole-genome Survey of NLR Genes
Flor-iculture: Ellis and Dodds’ Illumination of Gene-for-Gene Biology
by Jonathan D. Jones
- Anderson, P.A., Lawrence, G.J., Morrish, B.C., Ayliffe, M.A., Finnegan, E.J., and Ellis JG. (1997). Inactivation of the flax rust resistance gene M associated with loss of a repeated unit within the leucine-rich repeat coding region.Plant Cell. 9: 641-651.
- Bernoux, M., Burdett, H., Williams, S.J., Zhang, X., Chen, C., Newell, K., Lawrence, G.J., Kobe, B., Ellis, J.G., Anderson, P.A., and Dodds, P.N. (2016). Comparative analysis of the flaximmune receptors L6 and L7 suggests an equilibrium-based switch activation model. Plant Cell 28: 146-159.
- Catanzariti, A.M., Dodds, P.N., Lawrence, G.J., Ayliffe, M.A., and Ellis, J.G. (2006). Haustorially expressed secreted proteins from flax rust are highly enriched for avirulence elicitors. Plant Cell 18: 243-256.
- Dodds, P.N., Lawrence, G.J., Catanzariti, A.M., Ayliffe, M.A., and Ellis, J.G. (2004). The Melampsora lini AvrL567 avirulence genes are expressed in haustoria and their products are recognized inside plant cells. Plant Cell 16: 755-768.
- Dodds, P.N., Lawrence, G.J., and Ellis, J.G. (2001). Six amino acid changes confined to the leucine-rich repeat beta-strand/beta-turn motif determine the difference between the P and P2 rust resistance specificities in flax. Plant Cell 13: 163-178.
- Ellis, J.G., Lawrence, G.J., Luck, J.E., and Dodds, P.N. (1999). Identification of regions in alleles of the flax rust resistance gene L that determine differences in gene-for-gene specificity. Plant Cell 11: 495-506.
- Lawrence, G.J., Finnegan, E.J., Ayliffe, M.A., and Ellis, J.G. (1995). The L6 gene for flax rust resistance is related to the Arabidopsis bacterial resistance gene RPS2 and the tobacco viral resistance gene N. Plant Cell. 7: 1195-206.
- Luck, J.E., Lawrence, G.J., Dodds, P.N., Shepherd, K.W., and Ellis JG. (2000).Regions outside of the leucine-rich repeats of flax rust resistance proteins play a role in specificity determination. Plant Cell 12: 1367-1377.
- Wang, C.I., Guncar, G., Forwood, J.K., The, T., Catanzariti, A.M., Lawrence, G.J., Loughlin, F.E., Mackay, J.P., Schirra, H.J., Anderson, P.A., Ellis, J.G., Dodds, P.N., and Kobe, B. (2007). Crystal structures of flax rust avirulence proteins AvrL567-A and -D reveal details of the structural basis for flax disease resistance specificity. Plant Cell 19:2898-2912.