Table of Contents
- Reflections on The Plant Cell Classics
- How Virus Resistance Provided a Mechanistic Foundation for RNA Silencing
- Genomic Balance Plays Out in Evolution
- Auxin-Mediated Cell Cycle Activation during Early Lateral Root Initiation
- Auxin and organogenesis: Initiation of organs and nurturing a scientific spirit
- FLOWERING LOCUS C Isolation and Characterization: Two Papers that Opened Many Doors
- Genes Directing Flower Development in Arabidopsis
- The Discovery of Plant D-type Cyclins
- DREB Duo Defines Distinct Drought and Cold Response Pathways
- RPN10: A Case Study for Ubiquitin-Binding Proteins and More
- Identification of cup-shaped cotyledon: New Ways to Think about Organ Initiation
- Auspicious Beginnings for the Defense Hormone Jasmonate
- LOF and GOF alleles shed light on the molecular basis of phyB signaling in plants
- Flor-iculture: Ellis and Dodds’ Illumination of Gene-for-Gene Biology
- Behind the Screen: How a Simple Seedling Response Helped Unravel Ethylene Signaling in Plants
- Questionomics: Using Big Data to Ask and Answer Big Questions
- Put on Your Sunscreen: The Birth of Arabidopsis Abiotic Stress Genetics
- Reflections on the issue of regulation in molecular and cellular biology
- MicroRNAs in Plants: Key Findings from the Early Years
- Illuminating (White and) Purple Patches
- Dissecting the Biological Functions of ARF and Aux/IAA Genes
- Early Leads to Mechanisms of Plant Cultivar-Specific Disease Resistance
- Reverse-Genetics of IRT1, or How to Catch an Iron Transporter and Pin It Down
- Signal Transduction in Systemic Immunity
- From Ethylene-Auxin Interactions to Auxin Biosynthesis and Signal Integration
- The Emergence of a Mobile Signal for Systemic Acquired Resistance
- Understanding the Molecular Bases of Agronomic Trait Improvement in Rice
- All in the Family: The First Whole-genome Survey of NLR Genes
Understanding the Molecular Bases of Agronomic Trait Improvement in Rice
by Bing Wang and Jiayang Li
- Ikeda, A., Ueguchi-Tanaka, M., Sonoda, Y., Kitano, H., Koshioka, M., Futsuhara, Y., Matsuoka, M., and Yamaguchi, J. (2001). slender rice, a constitutive gibberellin response mutant, is caused by a null mutation of the SLR1 gene, an ortholog of the height-regulating gene GAI/RGA/RHT/D8. Plant Cell 13: 999-1010.
- Li, Y., Qian, Q., Zhou, Y., Yan, M., Sun, L., Zhang, M., Fu, Z., Wang, Y., Han, B., Pang, X., Chen, M., and Li, J. (2003). BRITTLE CULM1, which encodes a COBRA-like protein, affects the mechanical properties of rice plants. Plant Cell 15: 2020-2031.
- Lin, H., Wang, R., Qian, Q., Yan, M., Meng, X., Fu, Z., Yan, C., Jiang, B., Su, Z., Li, J., and Wang, Y. (2009). DWARF27, an iron-containing protein required for the biosynthesis of strigolactones, regulates rice tiller bud outgrowth. Plant Cell 21: 1512-1525.
- Wang, Z., Zou, Y., Li, X., Zhang, Q., Chen, L., Wu, H., Su, D., Chen, Y., Guo, J., Luo, D., Long, Y., Zhong, Y., and Liu, Y.G. (2006). Cytoplasmic male sterility of rice with boro II cytoplasm is caused by a cytotoxic peptide and is restored by two related PPR motif genes via distinct modes of mRNA silencing. Plant Cell 18: 676-687.
- Yano, M., Katayose, Y., Ashikari, M., Yamanouchi, U., Monna, L., Fuse, T., Baba, T., Yamamoto, K., Umehara, Y., Nagamura, Y., and Sasaki, T. (2000). Hd1, a major photoperiod sensitivity quantitative trait locus in rice, is closely related to the Arabidopsis flowering time gene CONSTANS. Plant Cell 12: 2473-2484.