- Phenome2019 Roll Call
- Phenome 2019 Plenary Talks
- Phenome 2019 Collaborative Notes
- Link to notes from General Session I
- Technology Session
- Word Cloud: Phenome 2019
- Phenome 2019 Featured Sponsor: Noble Research Institute
- Phenome 2019 Featured Sponsor: Qubit Phenomics
- Phenome 2019 Featured Sponsor: Phenospex
- Phenome 2019: Digital Phenotyping Workshop
- Discover Phenome 2019: Workshops and Field Trips
- Phenome 2019 Workshop: Genomes-to-Fields Initiative
- Phenome 2019 Roundtable Discussion: NSF ERC for Materials for Agriculture Resource Imaging Analytics at High Resolution (MARIAH)
- Phenome 2019 for Computer Scientists
- Phenome 2019 Featured Speaker: Erin Sparks
- Phenome 2019 Featured Speaker: Magdalena Julkowska
- Phenome 2019 Featured Speaker: Siobhan Braybrook
- Phenome 2019 Featured Speaker: Sierra Young
Phenome 2019 Featured Sponsor: Phenospex
Smart plant analysis
At the Phenome meetings, we know that cutting-edge innovation doesn't just happen at the symposia-- our sponsors have lots of incredible phenotyping technology to share with you. Here we profile Phenospex, sponsor of the Digital Phenotyping Workshop.
- Check out Phenospex at Table #16 in the exhibitor area!
- Don't miss the presentation by Ewaut Kissel, PhenoSpex Computational Biologist & Head Software Developer at the Digital Phenotyping Workshop.
- Meet Dr. Philipp von Gillhaussen Scientist & Sales Manager at poster #521 - "MICROSCAN small phenotyping tasks with high flexibility and fast results"
To help connect researchers with great phenotyping tools, we've asked our sponsors some questions:
1. Why are you excited about attending Phenome 2019? Why should your colleagues attend this meeting?
Phenome is considered THE conference on plant phenotyping in the U.S. It is here where you can fetch the latest scientific updates from that community and see all the newest developments and offerings the industry has in regards to plant phenotyping.
2. What do you wish phenotyping researchers knew about your business or product? How does it improve phenotyping research?
Phenospex augments phenotyping and affiliated research by automating plant screening applications. This increases the amount and the quality of data the researchers can access. We do this by integrating our sensor PlantEye in lab-, greenhouse- and field applications and complement it with our fast-track analysis platform.
PlantEye is a high-end sensor that combines 3D & multispectral information. Physical plant parameters, like height or biomass, are extracted from the 3D models in near real time. This enables the researcher to have a direct quantification of more than 10 plant parameters.
Within seconds after the measurement, data can be visualized and analyzed with HortControl. With its sand-box approach, the user can access a range of modules. This modular structure even allows targeting special applications like generating growth dynamics or germination reports.
3. Anything else we should promote?
Yes, our newest product, MicroScan. With our new MicroScan phenotyping device, Phenospex introduces a light weight, stand-alone system including all functionalities of our renowned sensor PlantEye and enabling the user to take it wherever it is needed.
4. If you will have some people on site, would you please introduce them!?
We have three people on site. To gain and share knowledge we will participate in the digital phenotyping workshop. Here we present in depth information of our analysis software HortControl. Attending are:
- Ewaut Kissel - Computational Biologist & Head Software Developer (Speaker at the Digital Phenotyping Workshop)
- Alexander Den Ouden - Application Engineer & Sales Manager
- Dr. Philipp von Gillhaussen - Scientist & Sales Manager (poster #521 - MICROSCAN small phenotyping tasks with high flexibility and fast results)
The Phenome 2019 organizers thank Phenospex for their support!