Molecular biologist. Algae fan.
Research Areas: Education and Outreach, Gene Regulation, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Systems Biology
Idoine, A., Rupprecht, J., Boulouis, A., Bock, R. (2014) The diurnal logic of the expression of the chloroplast genome in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. PLoS ONE 9(10): e108760.
Scotti, N., Sannino, L., Idoine, A., Hamman, P., De Stradis, A., Giorio, P., Maréchal-Drouard, L., Bock, R., Cardi, T. (2014) The HIV-1 Pr55gag polyprotein binds to plastidial membranes and leads to severe impairment of chloroplast biogenesis and seedling lethality in transplastomic tobacco plants. Transgenic Res (2015) 24: 319.
Mettler, T., Idoine, A., [23 other authors], and Stitt, M. (2014) Systems analysis of the response of photosynthesis, metabolism and growth to an increase in irradiance in the photosynthesis model organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The Plant Cell, 26(6), 2310-2350
Poss, M., Idoine, A., Ross, H.A., Terwee, J.A., VandeWoude, S. and Rodrigo, A. (2007) Recombination in feline lentiviral genomes during experimental cross-species infection. Virology 359, 146-151.
Idoine, A. (2013) Diurnal regulation of chloroplast gene expression in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. PhD Thesis. Universität Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany.
Idoine, A. (2007) Investigation of recrystallisation inhibition proteins from grass species. BSc (Hons) Thesis. University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Supervised one master’s student, two technicians, and four summer interns
- Led ten scientists to present at San Francisco Cal Academy of Sciences NightLife
- Mentored seven California College of Arts students in Biological Design
- Led four scientists to design and teach a Stanford Splash course on photosynthesis
- Science pen-pal with underprivileged middle-schooler
- Synopsys Championship Science Fair judge
- First grade science teacher with non-profit Science is Elementary