Since 2015 I am working as assistant professor at the Department of Plant Ecophysiology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland. I am interested in various aspects of plants response to stress factors, especially metal stress. My main interests are associated with stress sensing, signaling network and regulation of gene expression. Recent projects are dedicated to stress dependent RNA modifications.
Research Areas: Abiotic Interactions, Ecophysiology, Gene Regulation, Molecular Biology, Signals and Responses
1. Gzyl J., Chmielowska-Bąk J., Przymusiński R., Gwóźdź E.A., 2015. Cadmium affects microtubule organization and post-translational modifications of tubulin in seedlings of soybean (Glycine max L.). Frontiers in Plant Science 6: 937.
2. Chmielowska-Bąk J., Izbiańska K. and Deckert J., 2015. Products of lipid, protein and RNA oxidation as signals and regulators of gene expression in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science 6: 405.
3. Chmielowska-Bąk J., Lefèvre I., Lutts S., Kulik A., Deckert J., 2014. Effect of an ethylene synthesis inhibitor, cobalt chloride, on soybean seedlings subjected to cadmium stress. Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae 83: 201-207.
4. Chmielowska-Bąk J., Gzyl J., Rucińska-Sobkowiak R., Arasimowicz-Jelonek M., Deckert J., 2014. The new insights into cadmium sensing. Frontiers in Plant Science 5: 245.
5. Arasimowicz-Jelonek M., Floryszak-Wieczorek J., Drzewiecka K., Chmielowska-Bąk J., Abramowski D., Izbiańska K., 2014. Aluminium induces cross-resistance of potato to Phytophtora infestans. Planta 239: 679-694.
6. Chmielowska-Bąk J. and Deckert J., 2013. Nitric oxide mediates Cd-dependent induction of signaling-associated genes. Plant Signaling and Behavior 8;8:12.
7. Chmielowska-Bąk J., Izbiańska K. and Deckert J., 2013. The toxic Doppelganger: on the ionic and molecular mimicry of cadmium. Acta Biochimica Polonica 60: 369-374.
8. Chmielowska-Bąk J., Lefèvre I., Lutts S., Deckert J., 2013. Short term signaling responses in roots of young soybean seedlings exposed to cadmium stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 15;170 (18): 1585-94
9. Arasimowicz-Jelonek M., Floryszak-Wieczorek J., Gzyl J., Chmielowska-Bąk J., 2013. Homocysteine over-accumulation as the effect of potato leaves exposure to biotic stress. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 63: 177-184
10. Chmielowska-Bąk J. and Deckert J., 2012. A common response to common danger? Comparison of animal and plant signaling pathways involved in cadmium sensing. Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling 6: 191-204.
11. Chmielowska J., Veloso J., Gutiérrez J., Silvar C.Díaz J, 2010. Cross- protection of pepper plants stressed by copper against a vascular pathogen is accompanied by the induction of defense response. Plant Science 178: 176-182.
12. Chmielowska J., Deckert J., Díaz J., 2008. Activity of peroxidases and phenylalanine ammonia-lyase in lupine and soybean seedlings treated with copper and an ethylene inhibitor. Biological Letters 45:59-67.