Researcher with 10 years of experience in interdisciplinary research at various national (CSIR- Institute of Gneomics & Integrative Biology; ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute; DST-SCTIMST) and international organizations (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) of repute. Rich experience in HPLC/UPLC based characterizations of metabolites (phytic acid, anthocyanins, tocopherols) and validation using in vitro and in vivo models. Metabolic engineering using molecular tools (CRISPR/Cas9, RNAi) also adds to the list of expertise. Developmental work lead to the issue of patent and gained experience in the form of authorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals and other communications. Strong interpersonal skills, experience in working with team of researchers and supporting staffs.
Career Status: Government scientist
Research Areas: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology
1. Krishnan, V., Hada, A., Marathe, A. A, Palaka BK, Ampasala DR, Praveen S, Markandan M and Archana Sachdev. (2019) Functional characterization of GmITPK (myo-inositol - 1, 3, 4 tris phosphate 5/6 kinase) isoforms - ‘so different yet so similar’ J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-019-00499-y
2. Kumar A, Kumar V, Krishnan V, Hada A, Marathe A, Parameswaran C, Jolly M & Archana Sachdev. (2019). Seed targeted RNAi-mediated silencing of GmMIPS1 limits phytate accumulation and improves mineral bioavailability in soybean. Scientific Reports https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-44255-7 (Accepted)
3.Sivabalan Karthik, Gadamchetty Pavan, Krishnan V, Selvam Sathish, Markandan Manickavasagam. (2019). Sodium nitroprusside enhances regeneration and alleviates salinity stress in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology 19: 101173
4. Prathap V,, Kishwar Ali, Archana Singh, Chandrapal Vishwakarma, Krishnan V, Viswanathan Chinnusamy, , Aruna Tyagi (2019) Starch accumulation in rice grains subjected to drought during grain filling stage. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 142 (2019) 440–451
5.Krishnan V, Jose J, Jolly M, Vinutha T, Kumar R, Praveen S, Manickavasagam M, Sachdev A (2019). AGRO DATE’- A rapid Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression tool for gene function analysis in soybean leaf discs. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
6.Kumari, K., Rai, M.P., Bansal, N., Prashat, G.R., Kumari, S., Krishnan, V., Srivathsa, R., Dahuja, A., Sachdev, A., Praveen, S. and Vinutha, T., (2019). Analysis of γ-Tocopherol methyl transferase3 promoter activity and study of methylation patterns of the promoter and its gene body. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry.
7. Ajithan, C., Vasudevan, V., Sathish, D., Satish S., Krishnan V., Manickavasagam M (2019). Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11240-019-01699-z
8. Krishnan V, Awana M, Samota MK, Warwate SI, Kulshreshtha A, Ray M, Bollinedi H, Singh AK, Thandapilly SJ, Praveen S (2019) Pullulanase activity: A novel indicator of inherent resistant starch in rice (Oryza sativa. L), International Journal of Biological Macromolecules S0141-8130(19)35696-X. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2019.10.218.
9. Venkatachalam V, Ramamoorthy S, Krishnan V, Manickavasagam M. (2019) Polyamines, sonication, and vacuum infiltration enhance the Agrobacterium-mediated transformation in watermelon (Citrullus lanatus Thunb.) South African Journal of Botany (Accepted)
10. Krishnan V, Gothwal S, Dahuja A, Vinutha.T, Singh B, Jolly M, Praveen S, Archana Sachdev (2018) Enhanced nutraceutical potential of gamma irradiated black soybean extracts. Food chemistry. 245(15):246-253 (IF:4.95)
11. Krishnan V, Hada A, Marathe A, Palaka BK, Ampasala DR, Praveen S, Markandan M and Archana Sachdev. (2019). Functional characterization of GmITPK (myo-inositol - 1, 3, 4 tris phosphate 5/6 kinase) isoforms - ‘so different yet so similar’ Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology (Accepted)
12. Mansi P, Bharadvaja N, Sachdev A, Krishnan, V (2018) Molecular cloning, characterization and three-dimensional structure prediction of soybean Inositol polyphosphate 6-/3-/5-kinase, a potential candidate gene for developing low phytic acid transgenics. 3 Biotech 8(8):344. doi: 10.1007/s13205-018-1343-7 (IF:1.5)
13. Marathe A, Krishnan V, Vinutha T, Dahuja A, Jolly M and Sachdev A (2018) Exploring the role of Inositol 1, 3, 4- trisphosphate 5/6 kinase-2 (GmITPK2) as a dehydration and salinity stress regulator in Glycine max (L.) Merr. through heterologous expression in E.coli. Plant physiology and Biochemistry. 123:331-341 (IF:2.72)
14. Marathe A, Krishnan V, Mahajan M, Thimmegowda V, Dahuja A, Jolly M, Praveen S, Sachdev Archana (2018) Characterization and molecular modeling of Inositol 1,3,4 tris phosphate 5/6 kinase‑2 from Glycine max (L) Merr.: comprehending its evolutionary conservancy at functional level. 3 Biotech 8:50 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-017-1076-z (IF:1.75)
15. Hada A, Krishnan V., Kumari A, Jolly M, Praveen S, Sachdev A (2018) Synergistic studies of culture conditions in combination with mechanical techniques for improving the genetic transformation of soybean. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology – Plant 54(6):672-688 (IF:1.06)
16. Bask N, Krishnan V, Pandey V, Punjabi M, Hada A, Marathe A, Jolly M, Sachdev A (2017) Molecular characterization of inositol pentakisphosphate 2-kinase from soybean and Its expression pattern in the developing seeds. Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 77(3) : 371
17. Vanita Pandey, Krishnan V, Nabaneeta Basak, Ashish Marathe, Vinutha T, Anil Dahuja, Monica Jolly and Archana Sachdev (2017) Molecular modeling and in-silico characterization of GmABCC5: a phytate transporter and potential target for low-phytate crops. 3-biotech 8(1):54 (IF:1.5)
18. Krishnan V, and Vellaichamy M. (2017) A simple and accurate reverse phase HPLC-UV method for determination of gossypol and its degraded products. Indian Journal of Agricultural Biochemistry 30 (1), 27-32, 2017
19. Thimmegowda V, Bansal N, Kumari K, Rama G, Sreevathsa R, Krishnan V, Kumari S, Dahuja A, Lal S, Sachdev A, Praveen Shelly (2017) Comparative analysis of tocopherol biosynthesis genes and its transcriptional regulation in soybean seeds Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.7b03448 65:50 (IF:3.41)
20. Suresh K and Krishnan V. (2017) Phytochemistry and Functional Food: The Needs of Healthy Life. Journal of Phytochemistry and Biochemistry 1:1-3
21. Pandey V, Krishnan V, Basak N, Hada A, Punjabi M, Jolly M, Lal SK, Singh SB, Sachdev A, (2016) Phytic acid dynamics during seed development and it’s composition in yellow and black Indian soybean (Glycine max L.) genotypes through a modified extraction and HPLC method. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 25(4): 367-374 22. Hada, A., Krishnan, V., Punjabi, M., Basak, N., Pandey, V., Jeevaraj, T., Marathe, A., Gupta, A., Jolly, M., Kumar, A., Dahuja, A., Manickavasagam, M., Ganapathi, A., Sachdev, A (2016) Refined glufosinate selection and its extent of exposure for improving the Agrobacterium-mediated transformation in Indian soybean (Glycine max) genotype JS-335. Plant biotechnology.33(341-350)
23. Kumari,S., Krishnan,V., Dahuja,A., Vinutha T., Jolly,M., Rai,RD., and Sachdev,A., (2016)A rapid and reliable Agrobacterium mediated stable transformation method optimized for the Indian soybean genotypes. Ind. J. Biochem. Biophy.53:218-226
25. Pragya M., Shweta S., Maniraj R., MuraliMohan N., Nikhil R; Arulprakash T; Vinutha T; Krishnan, V; Vagish M; Neha J; Vandna R; Debasis P; Rohini S. (2016). Comparative proteomic and nutritional composition analysis of independent transgenic pigeon pea seeds harboring cry1AcF and cry2Aa genes and their non-transgenic counterparts. Journal of Agricultural and Food chemistry. 65 (7), 1395-1400 (IF:3.41)
26. Krishnan V, Priyanka Jain, Vinutha T, Alkesh Hada, Manickavasagam M, Ganapathi A, R.D. Rai and Archana Sachdev. (2015). Molecular modeling and in-silico characterization of Glycine max, Inositol (1, 3, 4) tris 5/6 kinase: A potential candidate gene for developing low phytate transgenics. Plant Omics Journal 8(5):381-391
27. Krishnan V, Archana Singh, Vinutha T, Bhupinder Singh, Anil Dahuja, R.D. Rai and Archana Sachdev. (2015) Irradiation effects on protein profile, solubility, oxidation, scavenger ability and bioavailability of essential minerals in black and yellow Indian soybean (Glycine max. L) Varieties. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear chemistry. Doi:10.1007/s10967-015-4193-3 (IF:1.18)
28. Vinutha T, Chirag Maheswari, Navita Bansal, Rama Prashat G, Krishnan V, Sweta Kumari, Anil Dahuja, Archana Sachdev and R.D. Rai. (2015). Expression analysis of γ-tocopherol methyl transferase genes and alpha- tocopherol content in developing seeds of soybean (Glycine max). Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics 52(3):267-273
29. Vaibhav Kumar, Vinutha T, Rajarani A. P, Navita Bansal, Krishnan V, Anil Dahuja, I.M.Santha and R.D. Rai (2015). Lipid peroxidation and related parameters strongly influence the storability of soybean (Glycine max.L) seeds. International Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology 4(7):615-62
30. Krishnan V, Alkesh Hada A, Nabaneeta Basak, Vanita Pandey, Ashish Marathe, Mansi Punjabi, Monica Jolly, Vinutha.T, Manickavasagam M, and Archana Sachdev. RNA Interference-Based Gene Silencing: An Efficient Tool for Developing Designer Crops. Journal of Science, Technology and Management 8(1): 11-18.
31. Vinutha T, Rama Prashat G, Krishnan V, Navita Bansal, Sweta Kumari, Anil Dahuja, Archana Singh, Archana Sachdev, R.D. Rai. (2015). Endogenous RNA silencing pathways in plants: its implication in crop improvement and functional genomics. Journal of Science, Technology and Management 8(2):106-111.
Extension activities related to nutrition - talks, general articles etc