My research focus on the key fundamental research questions on cell polarity establishment, cell fate differentiation, and cell growth and expansion in asymmetric cell division (ACD). These topics involve protein trafficking, protein phosphorylation and dephosphorylation, signaling transduction and cytoskeleton organization in plant cells. I have great expertise in genetics, cell biology, and developmental biology.
Being trained in plant cell biology field for almost 10 years, I'v been working with different plant organs and tissues, including root hairs, embryos and cotyledons, ranging from single-cellular to multi-cellular systems.
Research Areas: Development, Genetics, Signals and Responses
1.Ying Zhang, Xiaoyu Guo, Juan Dong. 2016. Phosphorylation of the polarity protein BASL differentiates asymmetric cell fate through MAPKs and SPCH. Current Biology, 26(21): 2957-2965
2. Ying Zhang, Juan Dong. 2016. Imaging spatial reorganization of a MAPK signaling pathway using the tobacco transient expression system. Journal of Visualized Experiments (109), e537
3. Ying Zhang, Dominique C. Bergmann, Juan dong. 2016. Fine-scale dissection of the subdomains of polarity protein BASL in stomatal asymmetric cell division. Journal of Experimental Botany, erw274
4. Ying Zhang*, Pengcheng Wang*, Wanchen Shao*, Jian-kang Zhu, Juan Dong. 2015. The BASL polarity protein controls a MAPK signaling feedback loop in asymmetric cell division. Developmental Cell 3(2): 136–149. (* equal contribution)
5. Ying Zhang, Chun-Ming Liu, Anne Mie Emons, Tijs Ketelaar. 2013. The Arabidopsis exocyst subunit SEC3A is essential for embryo development and accumulates in transient puncta at the plasma membrane. New Phytologist, 199(1):74-88.
6. Ying Zhang, Chun-Ming Liu, Anne Mie Emons, Tijs Ketelaar. 2010. The plant exocyst. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 52(2):138-46.
7. Lei Guo, Li Jiang, Ying Zhang, Xiu-Li Lu, Qie Xie, Dolf Weijers, Chun-Ming Liu. 2016. The anaphase promoting complex initiates zygote division in Arabidopsis through degradation of cyclin B1. The Plant Journal (86)2: 161-174
8. Yingnan Hou, Xinyang Guo, Philipp Cyprys, Ying Zhang, Andrea Bleckmann, Le Cai, Qingpei Huang, Yu Luo, Hongya Gu, Thomas Dresselhaus, Juan Dong, Li-Jia Qu. 2016. Maternal ENODLs are required for pollen tube reception in Arabidopsis. Current Biology, 26(17): 2343-2350
1. Lab manager : in charge of ordering, maintaining connections with Sales Reps, initiating business with new vendors, communicating with facility people, daily lab management
2. Managing assistant of Confocal Core Facility: providing technical support and call technical service at the absence of manager