I am a plant physiologist and just moved to Ireland. I obtained my PhD by studying the role of heat shock proteins during photosynthetic acclimation in Prof. Green´s Lab. I did my Postdoctoral research in Prof. Soll´s Lab at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich; my research there focused in the discovery of metabolite transporters in the chloroplast membrane. I moved to Mendoza (Argentina) after that, and worked in Prof. Piccoli Lab at the IBAM (Instituto de Biología Agrícola Mendoza) where I studied transporters responsive after UV-B exposure in grape.
Research Areas: Abiotic Interactions, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Physiology
1. Grene R,Vasquez-Robinet C, and Bohnert H J. (2011) Molecular Biology and Physiological Genomics of Dehydration Stress. In: Lúttge U, Erwin B and Bartels D (eds.), Plant Desiccation Tolerance, Ecological Studies Vol. 215. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
2. Vasquez-Robinet C, Watkinson J I, Sioson A, Heath L S, Ramakrishnan N, Grene R. (2010) Differential Expression Of Heat Shock Protein Genes In Preconditioning For Photosynthetic Acclimation In Water-Stressed Loblolly Pine Differential expression of heat shock protein genes in preconditioning for photosynthetic acclimation in drought-stressed loblolly pine. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 48 (4):256-264.
3. Vasquez-Robinet C, Mane S P, Ulanov A, Watkinson J I, Stromberg V K, Schafleitner R, Willmot D, Bonierbale M, Bohnert H J and Grene R.(2008) Physiological and molecular adaptations to drought in andean potato genotypes. J. Exp Bot 59(8):2109-2123.
4. Mane S P*, Vasquez-Robinet C*, Ulanov A, Schafleitner R, Tincopa L, Gaudin A, Nomberto G, Alvarado C, Solis C, Avila Bolivar L, Blas R, Ortega O, Solis J, Panta A, Rivera C, Samolski I, Carbajulca D, Bonierbale M, Pati A, Heath L S, Bohnert H, Grene R.(2008) Molecular and physiological adaptation to prolonged drought stress in the leaves of two Andean potato genotypes. Funct.. Plant Biol. 35(8) 669 - 688
5. Mane S P, Vasquez-Robinet C, Sioson A A, Heath L S, Grene R. (2007) Early PLD alpha-mediated events in response to progressive drought stress in Arabidopsis: a transcriptome analysis. J. Exp Bot. 58(2):241-52.
6. Saha N, Watson LT, Kafadar K, Ramakrishnan N, Onufriev A, Mane S, Vasquez-Robinet C (2007) Validation and estimation of parameters for a general probabilistic model of the PCR process. J Comput. Biol. 4(1):97-112.
7. Pati A, Vasquez-Robinet C, Heath L S, Grene R, Murali T M (2006) Xcisclique: Analysis of Regulatory Bicliques. BMC Bioinformatics, 7:218
8. Watkinson J I, Hendricks L, Sioson A A, Vasquez-Robinet C, Stromberg V, Heath L S, Schuler M, Bohnert H J, Bonierbale M, Grene R (2006) Accessions of Solanum tuberosum ssp. andigena show differences in photosynthetic recovery after drought stress as reflected in gene expression profiles. Plant Sci. 171(6) 745-758
9. Li P, Mane S P, Sioson A, Vasquez-Robinet C, Heath L S, Bohnert H J, Grene R (2006) Effects of chronic ozone exposure on gene expression in Arabidopsis thaliana ecotypes and in Thellungiella halophila. Plant Cell Environ. 29(5): 854- 868
10. Watkinson J I, Sioson A, Vasquez-Robinet C, Shukla M, Kumar D, Ellis M, Heath L S, Ramakrishnan N, Chevone B, Watson L T, Van Zyl L, Egertsdotter U, Sederoff R R, Grene R (2004) Photosynthetic acclimation is reflected in specific patterns of gene expression in drought-stressed loblolly pine. Plant Physiol. 133(4):1702-16
11. Ghislain M, Spooner D, Rodríguez F, Villamón F, Núñez J, Vásquez C, Waugh R and Bonierbale M (2004) Selection of highly informative and user-friendly microsatellites (SSRs) for genotyping of cultivated potato. Theor. Appl .Genet. 108(5):881-90
12. Ghislain M, Trognitz B, Herrera Ma Del R, Solis J, Casallo G, Vasquez C, Hurtado O, Castillo R, Portal L and Orillo M (2001) Genetic loci associated with field resistance to late blight in offspring of Solanum phureja and S.tuberosum grown under short-day conditions. Theor. Appl. Genet. 103 (2-3):433-442
* Equal contribution