Career Status: Postdoctoral Scholar
Research Areas: Abiotic Interactions, Applied Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Biotic Interactions, Botany, Development, Molecular Biology
- Tripathi, D., Man, A., Oldenburg, D. J., Bendich A.J. (2019). Reactive oxygen species, antioxidants and DNA damage in developing maize mitochondria and plastids (submitted).
- Tripathi, D., Kumar, S., Olaya, C., Pappu, HR., Tanaka, K. (2019). Extracellular ATP signaling enhances resistance against a broad range of plant pathogens (submitted).
- Kamal, H., Minhas, F.-u.-A. A., Farooq, M., Tripathi, D., Hamza, M., Mustafa, R., . . . Amin, I. (2019). In silico Prediction and Validations of Domains Involved in Gossypium hirsutum SnRK1 Protein Interaction with Cotton Leaf Curl Multan Betasatellite Encoded βC1. 10(656). Front. Plant Sci.doi:10.3389/fpls.2019.00656.
- Tripathi, D., Raikhy, G., Kumar, D. (2019). Chemical elicitors of systemic acquired resistance -Salicylic acid and its functional analogs. Current plantBiology.doi.org/10.1016/j.cpb.2019.03.002.
- Tripathi, D., and Tanaka, K. (2018). A crosstalk between extracellular ATP and jasmonate signaling pathways for plant defense. Plant Signal Behav. 2018. doi: 10.1080/15592324.2018.1432229.
- Extracellular ATP acts on jasmonate signaling to reinforce plant defense. D Tripathi, T Zhang, AJK Koo, G Stacey, K Tanaka.(2018). Plant physiology, pp. 01477.2017
- Raikhy G, Tripathi D (2017) Leading Molecular Aspects of Plant Viruses. J Bacteriol Mycol Open Access 5(2): 00128. DOI: 10.15406/jbmoa.2017.05.00128
- Tripathi, D. (2017) Bacterial Pathogens in Plants. J Bacteriol Mycol Open Access 4(2): 00083. DOI: 10.15406/jbmoa.2017.04.00083
- Moroz N, Fritch KR, Marcec MJ, Tripathi D, Smertenko A, Tanaka K (2017) Extracellular alkalinization as a defense response in potato cells. Front. Plant Sci. 8: 32 doi:10.3389/fpls.2017.00032
- Tripathi D, Kumar D, Thakuri B (2017) Role of Multiple Phytohormones in Regulating Stress Responses in Plants. In Mechanism of Plant Hormone Signaling under Stress: A Functional Genomic Frontier (ed. G.K. Pandey). John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (Chapter 15) doi:10.1002/9781118889022.ch33
- Tripathi D, Raikhy G, Dietzgen R, Goodin M, Pappu HR (2015) In Vivo Localization of Iris yellow spot Tospovirus (Bunyaviridae)-Encoded Proteins and Identification of Interacting Regions of Nucleocapsid and Movement Proteins. PLoS One 10: e0118973 doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0118973
- Tripathi D, Raikhy G, Pappu HR (2015) Movement and nucleocapsid proteins coded by two tospovirus species interact through multiple binding regions in mixed infections. Virology 478: 137-47 doi:10.1016/j.virol.2015.01.009
- Tripathi D, Pappu HR (2015) Evaluation of acibenzolar-S-methyl-induced resistance against iris yellow spot tospovirus. European Journal of Plant Pathology 142: 855-64 doi:10.1007/s10658-015-0657-0
- Kumar D, Haq I, Chapagai D, Tripathi D, Donald D, Hossain M, Devaiah S (2015) Hormone Signaling: Current Perspectives on the Roles of Salicylic Acid and Its Derivatives in Plants. In The Formation, Structure and Activity of Phytochemicals (ed. R. Jetter) Recent Advances in Photochemistry. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland. Vol 45, pp115-36 (Chapter 5) doi:10.1007/978-3-319-20397-3_5
- Kumar D, Hotz T, Hossain M, Chigurupati P, Mayakoti A, Binda N, Zhao B, Tripathi D (2013) Methyl Salicylate Esterases in Plant Immunity. Plant stress 7: 47-51 http://www.globalsciencebooks.info/Online/GSBOnline/images/2013/PS_7(SI1)/PS_7(SI1)47-51o.pdf
- Tripathi D, Jiang, YL, Kumar D (2010) SABP2, a methyl salicylate esterase is required for the systemic acquired resistance induced by acibenzolar-S-methyl in plants. FEBS Letters 584: 3458-3463 doi:10.1016/j.febslet.2010.06.046
Plant physiology, pp. 01477.2017
Ambassador for the American Society of Plant Biologists.
Associate editor for the Journal of bacteriology and mycology Reviewer for the American Journal of Potato Research, International Journal of Phytopathology, Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, Journal of Bacteriology & Mycology, Modern Agricultural Science and Technology, Plant cell reports, Virus research, Environmental Chemistry Letters.
Finalist of Ubiquitome Freedom for You grant, 2014-15.
Travel grant from NSF to attend the conference on Post-transcriptional gene regulation in plants (PGRP), 2013.
Travel and Registration grants from the American Society of Plant Biologist, 2012
Registration grants from the GPSA-WSU in 2011 and 2012, 2013;
Travel grant from the GPSA, WSU 2013. ? Global Plant Science Initiative (GPSI) fellowship for graduate research at WSU, 2010-11.
Fraley Memorial Scholarship for Graduate Research, 2009.
ETSU graduate studies outstanding thesis award, 2011.
Prize Winner in Poster/ Talk Competitions at Appalachian Research Forum, ETSU, 2009 & 2010.
Member of Sigma Xi - Research Honor Society, AAAS,
Phytochemical Society of North America (PSNA), American Society of Plant Biologist (ASPB), American Phytopathological Society (APS),
Serves as a Senator and Wiley committee member in Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA - WSU)
Senate representative of graduate students in the College of agriculture and human resources, WSU.
Treasurer of the Washington State University Cricket club (WSUCC), 2012-13.
President of the Indian student Association at WSU, 2012-14.