Hi everyone! I’m Isabel, a plant biologist from Spain. I got my PhD on (Plant) Biotechnology in 2013 and since then I have changed my career path a bit into I+D+i management and science communication. However, plant science is still my “secret lover”.
When I am not sneaking into the lab, i am working on science communication, both as a researcher and a practitioner, working as Communication Officer at the Global Plant Council (https://globalplantcouncil.org).
Something interesting about me? I am very fond of hiking, guinea pigs and exotic food of all kinds.
Institution/Company: The Global Plant Council
Research Areas: Physiology, Metabolism, Education and Outreach
On plant science:
- I Mendoza-Poudereux; J Muñoz-Bertomeu; A Navarro; I Arrillaga; J Segura (2014) Enhanced levels of S-linalool by metabolic engineering of the terpenoid pathway in spike lavender leaves. Metabolic Engineering 23:136-44.
- I Arrillaga; MA Guevara; J Muñoz-Bertomeu; D Lázaro-Gimeno; E Sáez-Laguna; LM Díaz; I Mendoza-Poudereux; J Segura; MT Cervera (2014) Selection of haploid cell lines from megagametophyte cultures of maritime pine as a DNA source for massive sequencing of the species. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 118, 147–155.
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, J Muñoz-Bertomeu, I Arrillaga, J Segura (2014) Deoxyxylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase is not a rate-determining enzyme for essential oil production in spike lavender. Journal of Plant Physiology 171(17):1564-70
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, E Kutzner; C Huber; J Segura, W Eisenreich, I Arrillaga (2015) Metabolic cross-talk between pathways of terpenoid backbone biosynthesis in spike lavender. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 95:113-20.
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, E Kutzner; C Huber; J Segura, I Arrillaga, W Eisenreich (2017) Dynamics of Monoterpene Formation in Spike Lavender Plants. Metabolites, 7(4), 65.
- Book chapter: Cano et al (2018). “Maritime Pine Pinus Pinaster Aiton”, in Jain, Shri Mohan, Gupta, Pramod (Eds.) Step Wise Protocols for Somatic Embryogenesis of Important Woody Plants (pp. 167-179). Springer Nature, Springer International Publishing AG
- Book chapter: Segura et al (2019)."Biotechnological Approaches to Increase Essential Oil Yield and Quality in Aromatic Plants: The Lavandula latifolia (Spike Lavender) Example. Past and Recommendations for the Future" in Sonia Malik "Essential Oil Research, Trends in Biosynthesis, Analytics, Industrial Applications and Biotechnological Production". Springer Nature, Springer International Publishing AG.
On science communication:
- Cano-Orón, L., Mendoza-Poudereux, I. and Moreno-Castro, C. (2019). ‘The rise of skepticism in Spanish political and digital media contexts’. JCOM 18(03), A01. https://doi.org/10.22323/2.18030201. Available here
- Cano-Orón, L., Mendoza-Poudereux, I. & Moreno-Castro, C. (2018). Perfil sociodemográfico del usuario de la homeopatía en España. Atención Primaria, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apri...
Member of social media management team of SECIVTV