Hi everyone! I’m Isabel, a plant biologist from Spain. I got my PhD on (Plant) Biotechnology in 2013 and since then I have changed my career path a bit into I+D+i management and science communication. However, plant science is still my “secret lover” and I work from time to time in the lab: lately I have been working trying to understand the epigenetic changes that happen/not happen when cryopreserving plant material, specifically on Pinus pinaster embriogenic calli.
When I am not sneaking into the lab, i am working most of the time with the science communication research group at the University of Valencia (www.scienceflows.com), managing a couple of science-related social media accounts or doing other management work.
Something interesting about me? I am very fond of hiking, guinea pigs and exotic food of all kinds.
Research Areas: Physiology, Metabolism, Biotic Interactions
- I Mendoza-Poudereux; J Muñoz-Bertomeu; A Navarro; I Arrillaga; J Segura (2014) Enhanced levels of S-linalool by metabolic engineering of the terpenoid pathway in spike lavender leaves. Metabolic Engineering 23:136-44.
- I Arrillaga; MA Guevara; J Muñoz-Bertomeu; D Lázaro-Gimeno; E Sáez-Laguna; LM Díaz; I Mendoza-Poudereux; J Segura; MT Cervera (2014) Selection of haploid cell lines from megagametophyte cultures of maritime pine as a DNA source for massive sequencing of the species. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 118, 147–155.
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, J Muñoz-Bertomeu, I Arrillaga, J Segura (2014) Deoxyxylulose 5-phosphate reductoisomerase is not a rate-determining enzyme for essential oil production in spike lavender. Journal of Plant Physiology 171(17):1564-70
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, E Kutzner; C Huber; J Segura, W Eisenreich, I Arrillaga (2015) Metabolic cross-talk between pathways of terpenoid backbone biosynthesis in spike lavender. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 95:113-20.
- I Mendoza-Poudereux, E Kutzner; C Huber; J Segura, I Arrillaga, W Eisenreich (2017) Dynamics of Monoterpene Formation in Spike Lavender Plants. Metabolites, 7(4), 65.
- Book chapter: Cano et al (2018). “Maritime Pine Pinus Pinaster Aiton”, in Jain, Shri Mohan, Gupta, Pramod (Eds.) Step Wise Protocols for Somatic Embryogenesis of Important Woody Plants (pp. 167-179). Springer Nature, Springer International Publishing AG
Member of social media management team of SECIVTV