Research Areas: Botany, Ecology, Evolution, Biotic Interactions
- Effect of the anther-smut fungus Microbotryum on the pre-flowering growth of its host Silene latifolia. 2018. American Journal of Botany.
- The direct effects of plant polyploidy on the legume-rhizobia mutualism. 2017. Annals of Botany.
- Geographic patterns of genetic variation in three genomes of North American diploid strawberries with special reference to Fragaria vesca subsp. bracteata.2015. Botany.
- A recurring syndrome of accelerated plastid genome evolution in the angiosperm tribe Sileneae (Caryophyllaceae).2014. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution.
- Habitat structure helps guide the emergence of colony-level personality in social spiders.2014. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology.
- Nectar Microbes: Undercover Manipulators of Floral Scent and Pollinator Behavior (EvoBites, May 2018)
- Pathways Not Pipelines: Reflections on a Plant Science Research Network Workshop from an Early Career Scientist (ASPB Newsletter, Jan-Feb 2018)
- Out of the Lab and onto the Streets (NatureJobs, May 2017)
- The Next Generation of Science Outreach (NatureJobs, April 2017)
- Writer and Editor for EvoBites, a blog dedicated to sharing fascinating stories of evolutionary biology with diverse public audiences.
- Organized and lead an ecology and evolution workshop for public high school teachers in Pittsburgh.
- Founded an Invasive Species Awareness Program in collaboration with the American Alpine Club in Fayetteville, West Virginia.
Experience & Education