I am a researcher by profession having more than six years of research experience in the field of plant molecular genetics and genomics, and had just submitted my doctoral thesis recently (August 2019). I have been authored in seven publications published in peer reviewed journals, such as International journal of molecular sciences (MDPI), Nature scientific reports and Frontiers in plant sciences.
I am being practical and sceptical to identify the best course of action. So, I never put my trust into anything but my own intellect. This made me to have more belief in science as science is vastly more stimulating to imagination. I am a Biotechnologist with some essence of Bioinformatics experience, would love to be called as researcher who would do anything to find the answers of unanswered questions in the field of SCIENCE. I do also have an experience in complete transcriptomics and genomics sequencing analysis, right from the sample library preparation, up to the bioinformatics analysis using both parametric and non-parametric statistical tests. Additionally, I am also familiar with some of the coding languages such as R, Perl, Python, C and C++ which are commonly used in large data analysis during genomics/transcriptomics analysis.
Research Areas: Computational Biology, Development, Gene Regulation, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology
1. Seth, R., Bhandawat, A., Parmar, R., Singh, P., Kumar, S., Sharma, R., Seth, R., Bhandawat, A., Parmar, R., Singh, P., Kumar, S., and Sharma, R.K. (2019). Global Transcriptional Insights of Pollen-Pistil Interactions Commencing Self-Incompatibility and Fertilization in Tea [Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze]. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 20: 539.
2. Parmar, R., Seth, R., Singh, P., Singh, G., Kumar, S., & Sharma, R. K. (2019). Transcriptional profiling of contrasting genotypes revealed key candidates and nucleotide variations for drought dissection in Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze. Sci. Rep. 9(1), 7487.
3. Bhandawat, A., Sharma, V., Singh, P., Seth, R., Nag, A., Kaur, J. and Sharma, R.K., 2019. Discovery and Utilization of EST-SSR Marker Resource for Genetic Diversity and Population Structure Analyses of a Subtropical Bamboo, Dendrocalamus hamiltonii. Biochemical Genetics, pp.1-21.
4. Singh, G., Singh, G., Seth, R., Parmar, R., Singh, P., Singh, V., Kumar, S. and Sharma, R.K., 2019. Functional annotation and characterization of hypothetical protein involved in blister blight tolerance in tea (Camellia sinensis (L) O. Kuntze). Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, pp.1-13.
5. Singh, P., Singh, G., Bhandawat, A., Singh, G., Parmar, R., Seth, R., and Sharma, R.K. (2017). Spatial transcriptome analysis provides insights of key gene (s) involved in steroidal saponin biosynthesis in medicinally important herb Trillium govanianum. Sci. Rep. 7.
6. Bhandawat, A., Singh, G., Seth, R., Singh, P., and Sharma, R.K. (2016). Genome-wide transcriptional profiling to elucidate key candidates involved in bud burst and rattling growth in a subtropical bamboo (Dendrocalamus hamiltonii). Front. Plant Sci. 7.
7. Jayaswall, K., Mahajan, P., Singh, G., Parmar, R., Seth, R., Raina, A., Swarnkar, M.K., Singh, A.K., Shankar, R., and Sharma, R.K. (2016). Transcriptome Analysis Reveals Candidate Genes involved in Blister Blight defense in Tea (Camellia sinensis (L) Kuntze). Sci. Rep. 6.
Fortis Health Care - More to Give
Organ Donor Nov 2017 – Present
Volunteer @ WAGE HOPE MY WAY against Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network May 2015 – Present
DORSO-Deceased Organ Retrieval Sharing Organization
http://www.dorso.org February 2015 – Present
MOHAN foundation - Organ Donation Saves Life
http://www.mohanfoundation.org April-2014 - Present